Every Sunday I spend the day prepping food for the week. This ensures that even when the week gets crazy, I’ll always have healthy meal choices. Over the next few posts, I’m going to share my go to recipes for the different veggie components of my Sunday prep. What’s great about these veggie dishes is they’re the perfect toppings for Buddha bowls or can also be great as a side dish with a meal.
The first veggie recipe on the list is oven roasted green beans with cremini mushrooms. The mushrooms crisp up just a bit more than the green beens as they cook leaving them and with this addictively delicious chip-like quality. My favorite thing about this dish is the prep time and the cost! The prep takes all of 5 minutes and then you can leave the veggies in the oven baking while you do other things. Also enjoyable- the cost! This veggie dish can be on the less expensive side if you tend to grocery shop on the weekends. Mushrooms (in my experience) typically go on sale on the weekend at the bigger chain grocery stores, and green beans run roughly $0.85/lb, and they don’t weight very much!
- 1 lb fresh green beans
- 1 pack cremini mushrooms
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 1/2 tsp- 1 tsp garlic powder (I used more because I love the taste of garlic)
- Salt and pepper to taste
**Add your olive oil to your veggies slowly, you don’t want them to come out too oily. You just want a thin coat on everything.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees C.
- Wash and trim your green beans.
- Layer the beans onto a baking tray.
- Rinse and slice your mushrooms.
- Add them to your baking tray. Toss your veggies in the oil and spices.
- Bake in the oven 20-25 minutes, stirring halfway, until your mushrooms are crisp and your green beans have a bit of a char.